How To Attract More Customers To Your Fuel Station
The rapid growth of fuels business in Nigeria means only one thing- more competition. Being a market with a relatively fixed price range, the battle for higher sales is even more intense and station owners have to exploit more strategies to stay ahead.
We have highlighted some proven strategies that would definitely get you going.
- Exceptional customer service: The character of your station’s staff is crucial to your success. Make sure you staff members are always respectful, ready to attend customers, and friendly. Remember, when one person has a bad experience, they talk about it to their friends and family: if one staff is rude, you risk losing much more than just one customer.
- Station and store appearance: Make sure your station looks good, inside and outside. The landscape, fuel dispensers, driveway, and exterior of the buildings are the first things your customers, and all other passing traffic, see. If your station looks appealing, more people will stop by.
- Lighting: It is very important to keep your site well-lit and safe — especially at night. This will prevent your customers from getting injured or harmed in any way. And there is just something classy about bright lights.
- Sanitation: Maintain your fuel station and c-store up to par by always keeping windows, floors, and restrooms clean. Spotless bathrooms are very important to customers, especially those travelling long distances. Pay special effort to maintaining and modernizing your facilities. Their cleanliness, along with your overall store appearance, will help increase your sales.
- Competitive pricing: Keep your fuels pricing comparable, or below, other neighboring sites. It’s a great way to maintain loyalty and get repeat customers, you’ll be surprised at how much difference 1Naira would make.
- Identify extra community needs: Recognize what goods and services your consumers want provided to them quickly, and make sure you offer them. These might include POS, mini marts, car washes, etc.
- Promotional signage: Represent your brand properly. Your customers look at your promotional signage on a daily basis, make it worth their time!
- Marketing: Promoting products and current offers is a great way to add brand awareness. Marketing materials do not just promote the items in them, but also your brand – the imagery of who you are as a convenience store. Make sure your marketing materials are tasteful and fun.