Fuel Dispensing pumps are arguably the most important equipment on the forecourt, and as such, they are expected to perform reliably, appear to be in good condition, look attractive and deliver accurate measurements which could be as low as 100ml per 20l of fuel product.
Aging and poorly manufactured dispensing pumps are likely to breakdown regularly and will most definitely dispense inaccurately. While inaccurate dispensing for aged pumps may be as a result of wear and tear (as piston driven meters also lose accuracy over time), poor workmanship and deficient parts in problematic pumps leads to inaccurate dispensing and downtimes. A discrepancy in dispensing of just 10 litres per day will end up being substantial over the course of a year; when added with value of lost sales during downtimes and costs of repairs, losses may begin to pile up in millions, without obvious knowledge of the owner.
The areas of accurate and reliable dispensing, and all round performance are where Gilbarco Veeder-Root Dispensing pumps (Frontier, Horizon/Encore) stand out, offering revenue protection in so many ways.
So, here are key things to consider before you decide to invest in a dispensing pump.
- Operational Element:It’s important to ensure that the dispenser purchased is durable given notwithstanding that wear and tear will happen over time. The wear and tear often show via loose seals, washed-up looks and the impact of fuel corrosion on pump materials over time. The couple of things you might want to think through before making your purchase are:
- Frequency of service and repairs
- Type of work done during the service call
- Daily operational requirement.
- Financial Element:
When a retailer is thinking about the decision to purchase a new dispenser, the standard ROI (Return on Investment) payback model still applies but with technology changing today, its about much more than that. Retailers can take advantage of new opportunities for increased sales, increase return on investment by having the latest and greatest dispenser technology that enables new programs that you hear in the market like Media/Advert Audiovisual Boxes, Smart Targeting etc. These new technology needs to be a part of your decision making process before considering whether or not to invest in a new dispenser.
- Personal Business Goals:Where do you want your business to be in the next five to ten years? What does your business mean to you as a retailer in the industry? Examples seen from conversations with fuel retailers can be the personal desire to be part of their community where they are seen as always embracing the newest technology and having the better looking dispensing pumps so that they are have the best image in town. There are some retailers who are thriving to always be better than the guy across the street, and there are still some retailers who say they have been in a community for several years and they want their site to be welcoming, safe and that they want their customers to feel like guests.
So these are all decisions from a personal perspective that should factor into the overall decision to invest in a new dispenser for your forecourt. So when you consider the financial, the operational and then, the overall personal dynamics associated with a new dispenser purchase, it makes your decision easier as you will be able to better frame up where you want your business to be in the future. The Frontier/Horizon range of pumps can offer all these and more
Whether you’re looking for a fresh look, industry leading security, the highest reliability offering, or a whole new way to market your brand, we have what you are looking for. Contact Us Today!